Production Facility Equipment Operator
Posted Feb 7, 2022
- Most of the day spent in equipment
- Full Time: 5-6 days a week possible. 10 hour shift (7-5). Sundays off.
Our Equipment operators are responsible for the manufacturing of multiple products we sell here at Minick Materials. Operating loaders, excavators and different styles of soil screeners. Operators are required to perform daily maintenance of all machinery and fill out logs on machines. Depending on the exact position it may involve some light customer service.
Work day may periodically extend beyond 8 hours as activity and responsibility dictates; some nighttime and weekend work may be required - particularly during our busy Spring season. Attention to detail, fast paced activity and response time to customer and/or company requirements, and results oriented expectations could be the norm.
- Operate front end loaders, excavators, tractors, etc in the process of creating a variety of products such as soils and composts.
- Learn and retain knowledge of products and their applications
- Load customer vehicles by hand or with heavy equipment
- Operate forklift and front end loader
- Perform light equipment maintenance
- "Housekeeping”- Maintain organization and cleanliness of yard, warehouse, breakroom, etc.
- Work as part of a team
- Quieter job with low amounts of customer interaction
- Drivers license
- Ability to operate in outside conditions, in the cold and heat
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Ability to operate front end loaders, excavators, tractors, etc.
- Front end loader experience
- Ability to work weekends
- Insurance - Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- Matching Simple Plan (Retirement)
- Maternity/Paternity and Bereavement leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Discount
- Minimum of $14 per hour
- Company parties, events, and incentives
- Closed every Sunday and 6 major holidays a year
We work hard when we’re at work, but it’s important that we all maintain a good work-life balance. We want you to go home when your shift is scheduled to end, to use your PTO, and to enjoy your time away from work.
We offer advancement and bonus opportunities as well as fun team perks like events, outings, and more. Working here means working together, so hard work is noticed, appreciated, and rewarded.
We’ve built our culture on bringing out each other’s strengths and relying on one another to work through our weaknesses.
We are a small, family-owned company where everyone’s input is welcome. You can make a difference every day you’re here.