Posted Feb 7, 2022
- Customer Service
- Full Time: 5 days a week. 8 hour shift (7-4, 8-5, flexible). Most likely Saturdays. Sundays off.
Our yard associates are both brains and brawn at Minick Materials. Every customer who enters the yard is greeted by our boots-on-the-ground crew ready to show them around, offer product knowledge, and load their selections. Our wide customer base makes each day a little different, but our always- improving training program keeps our staff ready to offer expert-level customer service. Whether it be a backyard DIY’er, or a commercial contractor, our yard associates are a crucial part of bringing each customers’ vision to life.
Work day may periodically extend beyond 8 hours as activity and responsibility dictates; some nighttime and weekend work may be required - particularly during our busy Spring season. Attention to detail, fast paced activity and response time to customer and/or company requirements, and results oriented expectations could be the norm.
- Customer Service
- Learn and retain knowledge of products and their applications
- Assist customers with navigating the yard, and selecting products right for their project
- Load customer vehicles by hand or with heavy equipment
- Operate forklift and front end loader
- Perform daily equipment maintenance
- Keep track of inventory by receiving and organizing incoming goods, and doing routine inventory adjustment checks
- “Housekeeping”- Maintain organization and cleanliness of yard, warehouse, breakroom, etc.
- Work as part of a team
- Driver's license
- Ability to operate in outside conditions, in the cold and heat
- Ability to be on your for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs
- Forklift/loader experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Ability to work weekends
- Insurance - Health, Dental, Vision, Life
- Matching Simple Plan (Retirement)
- Maternity/Paternity and Bereavement leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Discount
- Minimum of $14 per hour
- Company parties, events, and incentives
- Closed every Sunday and 6 major holidays a year
We work hard when we’re at work, but it’s important that we all maintain a good work-life balance. We want you to go home when your shift is scheduled to end, to use your PTO, and to enjoy your time away from work.
We offer advancement and bonus opportunities as well as fun team perks like events, outings, and more. Working here means working together, so hard work is noticed, appreciated, and rewarded.
We’ve built our culture on bringing out each other’s strengths and relying on one another to work through our weaknesses.
We are a small, family-owned company where everyone’s input is welcome. You can make a difference every day you’re here.