Retail Store Manager
Posted Jan 15th, 2024
- Full Time: 5 days a week. 8 hour shift (7-4, 8-5, flexible). Most likely Saturdays. Sundays off.
Store Managers with Minick Materials will be responsible for the overall operations and store management for their location. The successful candidate will be able to lead and train a team of customer focused employees in order to meet the needs of our customers. Candidate will be able to meet goals and manage staff effectively. Successful Candidates will have a background in Building Stone and Soil sales. Candidate will need to have an understanding of basic business acumen and have a background in employee recruitment. Store manager may be responsible for an assistant manager as well.
Work day may periodically extend beyond 8 hours as activity and responsibility dictates; some nighttime and weekend work may be required - particularly during our busy Spring season. Attention to detail, fast paced activity and response time to customer and/or company requirements, and results oriented expectations could be the norm.
Who we’re looking for:
- Proven success as a retail manager
- Customer Management skills for wholesale customers as well as retail
- Strong Leadership skills with good business acumen.
- Strong Organizational skills required
- Good communication skills, with interpersonal skills
Retail Store Manager
- Meet sales goals by coaching, training, mentoring, and providing feedback to team members
- Model customer service behaviors and hold team to those standards
- Handle customer concerns, and issues that arise
- Handle staffing concerns and issues that may arise
- Handle all store administration and ensure compliance with employee handbook policies
- Conduct performance appraisals, and assess team needs for training
- Maintain a clean and functional store
- Maintain heavy equipment through your staff
- Maintain an organized yard, with high standards of organization
- Manage P&L through driving sales and managing expenses
- Additional store manager duties as needed
- Proven successful experience as a retail branch Manager. For 2 years. (Required)
- 3 years in a customer service environment. (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Must have acute inventory skills with inventory management experience.
- Ability to work weekends
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Matching Simple Plan
- Maternity/Paternity and Bereavement leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Discount
- $50-70k Per year - Salaried position
- Supplemental Pay - Bonus Structure
- Company parties
- Closed every Sunday and 6 major holidays a year
- Open 7-5pm*
We work hard when we’re at work, but it’s important that we all maintain a good work-life balance. We want you to go home when your shift is scheduled to end, to use your PTO, and to enjoy your time away from work.
We offer advancement and bonus opportunities as well as fun team perks like events, outings, and more. Working here means working together, so hard work is noticed, appreciated, and rewarded.
We’ve built our culture on bringing out each other’s strengths and relying on one another to work through our weaknesses.
We are a small, family-owned company where everyone’s input is welcome. You can make a difference every day you’re here.